Thursday, October 2, 2014

Feel Your Qi



As my acupuncture practice grows and evolves over the years I am learning in deeper ways that Qi, the vital life force energy with which I am always working, is what runs the show.  I remain present and focused. I feel it, surrender to it and work with it.  To put it simply, when qi and blood are flowing smoothly, you are in health.  When there is stagnation or obstruction or chaotic movement of qi you are in pain or disease.
Acupuncture needles are only one of the tools in my toolbox.  I also employ moxa (heat therapy), dietary therapy, herbal medicine, tui na.  But all of the above are driven by my most powerful tool for healing myself and others: Qi Gong.  Qi Gong, similar to Tai Qi is an internal martial art, a series of slow movements focusing intention, mindful breath, and posture to cultivate, nourish and direct the qi throughout the body.
I've been practicing Qi Gong for nine years now and it has changed my life.  I have studied with revered masters from China and learned the finer points of cultivating qi.  And as my Qi Gong practice deepens, my results improve.  The healing results I get by working with a patient and teaching my patients specific Qi Gong exercises designed for them speeds the healing dramatically.

Daily practice of Qi Gong shifts your repetitive thought patterns, your blocks, all the defenses standing in the way of your healing.  Curious how it can help you?  Come visit a Qi Gong class any Wednesday from 9:30-10:30 a.m. at Om Sanctuary off Riverside Dr. in Asheville, North Carolina. It is a drop-in class, donations accepted.  All ages and all levels of ability welcome.  

Are you ready to improve your health?  Come join us Wednesdays!  Visit www.luteaherbs.com for more information.

No comments: